If you are in the market to purchase a new screwdriver, we have to warn you that there are a lot to choose from. Every company always tries to provide the next best thing and also compete for the best price and the best product.
With so many screwdrivers on the market, how are you supposed to know what one is the best?
This is where we come in. After researching the products ourselves, and testing out a variety of electric screwdrivers, we have compiled a list of 5 products that we believe are some of the best screwdrivers on the market right now. They all have a common theme: They are easy to use, come with a lot of features, and most importantly, are affordable.
We hope this list will allow you to feel confident about your final purchase decision.
VonHaus Cordless Electric 3.6V Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Screwdriver
The first screwdriver that we will be taking a look at today is the VonHaus Cordless Electric 3.6V Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Screwdriver. We want to see if it is worth buying and also see if it is one of the best screwdrivers on the market right now.
The VonHaus Cordless Electric 3.6V Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Screwdriver comes with a lot of features to enhance your experience using a screwdriver and getting the jobs you want to be done fast and efficiently. These features include:
- Equipped with an incredibly powerful 3.6V lithium-ion battery that is perfect for both smaller and larger jobs around the house
- Not only does this come with the screwdriver, but also with even more accessories and a case to store all of the various bits and anything else you need in one safe space
- The handle is fully twistable, meaning it can change depending on what angle or job you are doing; this increases its versatility and also offers you ease of use for a variety of occasions
- Also comes with a spindle lock, ensuring that your bits will never fall out
- it has a ¼” chuck that can rotate and also release very quickly, ensuring an efficient amount of use and power
- Has been built with a powerful LED light that can illuminate even the darkest of areas while you are working
- As well, there is a power display that is also illuminated by LED lighting, so you can always know how much power you have left and when you will need to charge
- Comes with a variety of driver bits for any task or screws that you may want to use
- included is: flat head, a tri winged head, a crosshead, a spanner tool head, a Torx, a one way, a Robertson, a wing nut, a metric hex, a spline drive, and also two additional hexes: imperial and security
- Comes with a charger and a powerful battery that can get a full charge in under 3 hours after being dead
- The battery is a 1300mAh, so you know it is going to be able to work even under strenuous conditions
- Great battery
- Easy to use
- Very affordable
- Comes with a variety of features
- A bit too wobbly
After using the VonHaus Cordless Electric 3.6V Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Screwdriver on various projects of our own, we think that this is a pretty standard product and fairly good for its price point. We enjoy the fact that it comes with so many bits to choose from, and also features a strong battery that can both quickly charge and also be used for a long time. One thing that we think could improve on is its steadiness when doing harder jobs, as we did find it a tad bit shaky. That being said, it is very affordable and is worth a look at, especially if you are on a tight budget.
BLACK + DECKER LI4000 4-Volt Lithium-Ion SmartSelect Screwdriver
The second product up for review, another contender for the best screwdriver, is the BLACK+DECKER LI4000 4-Volt Lithium-Ion SmartSelect Screwdriver. We absolutely adore the Black and Decker brand, which is why we decided to include this product on the list today. So how does it hold up when compared to the others?
The BLACK+DECKER LI4000 4-Volt Lithium-Ion SmartSelect Screwdriver is equipped with multiple features that are going to ensure a durable product that can successfully help you with various projects around the house. These features include:
- Powered by a lithium-ion battery, known for its long-lasting battery life and its ability to charge quickly
- The holder for screws at the front of the screwdriver has been magnetized which is essential for anyone who is clumsy and drops bits all the time
- The clutch on it has 6 positions, and there are indicators in place that you can see to prevent any stripping from happening; this is crucial to keep the screwdriver in top shape and ensure all the bits also stay strong for a long period of time
- The charger on this product is also fantastic storage space and has the ability to hold all of the bits in place, so you can always have them on hand.
- The charger also can be wall-mounted, which is every handy person’s dream, as it provides easy access in your shop or garage
- Comes with an LED light so you can see in the dark and it can shed light on all areas of your project; this increases safety and also versatility in its use
- Comes with the classic 2-year warranty provided by Black and Decker, which will ease your mind in case anything were to go wrong, or in case you get a defective product
- The screwdriver will stay charged and ready to use, even after 18 months of just sitting idle
- The driver can deliver 70 inches/pounds of torque and runs at a speed of 180 rpm
- This is great for jobs around the house such as putting furniture together or installing devices or fixtures
- A forward and reverse switch right on the drill that allows you to change direction with just the click of a button
- Fantastic price
- Great company to purchase from
- Strong and durable
- Easy to use
- Magnetic tip to prevent losing any screws
- The charging station, that holds bits, is corded so not the easiest to take everywhere
After testing the product for ourselves, we think the BLACK+DECKER LI4000 4-Volt Lithium-Ion SmartSelect Screwdriver is a fantastic buy, especially for beginners. First off, we are astounded at the price point and the ease of use it offers. It is so easy to get started and anyone can pick it up and use it. The magnetic tip is also ideal for anyone who may be a bit clumsy and need help while using it. We highly recommend researching it further to see if it is best for you.
Hitachi DB3DL2 3.6 Cordless Screwdriver Kit
The third product up for review is the Hitachi DB3DL2 3.6 Cordless Screwdriver Kit. This is a full kit that has all you need for a screwdriver and more.
The Hitachi DB3DL2 3.6 Cordless Screwdriver Kit comes with a lot of features that are going to enhance your comfort level while using it, and also helps you in any DIY projects around the house. These features include:
- Under the incredible warranty that has been provided by the Hitachi brand, something that you cannot go without, especially when buying online
- A warranty is also in place on the lithium-ion battery included in the kit, that is good for 2 years after your initial purchase
- Uses a 1.5Ah lithium-ion battery for power use, which ensures that the power will never fade out on you even during the middle of a job
- The battery is also compact, ensuring that it does not add to the weight of the screwdriver
- The battery has 3 times the battery life when compared to other batteries on the market today
- The handle has dual positions on it, ensuring that you can convert it from using it straight, the traditional way, and also with the pistol grip, so you have options when it comes to your job
- Comes with a LED light that has been built in that will allow you to work in sub-optimal lighting conditions
- There are 21 clutch settings equipped on this device, and there is also another additional drill setting so you can always have complete control depending on your project
- Can easily switch between forwarding drilling and reverse drilling with just a flip of a switch
- There is a spindle lock on the device that you can also manually tighten screws, depending on the project
- The full kit comes with everything you need
- Affordable price
- Easy to use
- Fantastic light
- Comes with a lot to offer
- Easy to switch between forward and reverse
- Should have a locked position when folded to increase safety
We believe the Hitachi DB3DL2 3.6 Cordless Screwdriver Kit is a pretty good kit on the market, especially if you are a beginner who wants an affordable electric screwdriver. It will offer you a lot and comes at a pretty good price.
DEWALT DCF620B Brushless Drywall Screwdriver
The next best screwdriver up for review is the DEWALT DCF620B Brushless Drywall Screwdriver. DEWALT is another fantastic brand that we are fairly fond of, as they are known to deliver high-quality products at good prices.
The DEWALT DCF620B Brushless Drywall Screwdriver comes with a lot of features that are guaranteed to boost your DIY projects around the house and provide you with a high-quality, durable tool, for even the toughest of jobs. These features include:
- The full brushless motor that is able to offer incredible performance on tasks around the house and can last a long time even during the toughest of jobs
- Comes with a nosecone that features cone-locking technology, ensuring that the bits lock into place and will never fall out during a job
- Also ensures that you can easily remove and apply any new add ons or bits to the driver
- Has an incredible design that is ergonomically correct, ensuring that you can use it for hours on end and not get tired; the grip and handle are comfortable on the hands for long lengths of time
- This screw gun comes with an LED light that allows for total visibility in the dark. This also boosts safety and does not limit the areas in which you can use the drill
- The battery is sold separately, meaning there is an additional cost to your initial purchase
- Easy to use
- Charge lasts a long time
- Great grip
- Fantastic build
- LED light included
- Battery sold separately
We think the DEWALT DCF620B Brushless Drywall Screwdriver is another fantastic screwdriver set on the market right now, most importantly because of its charging time. We were surprised at how long it lasted and also how easy it was to use. We believe that this product is both great for professionals and beginners as it is ergonomically correct and can be used for a long time. The only downside is the battery is sold separately and adds an additional cost.
Tacklife SDP50DC Advanced Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver
The final product up for review today is the Tacklife SDP50DC Advanced Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver, another one of the best screwdrivers on the market. This is another brand that is reliable, offering a lot to anyone willing to pay for it.
The Tacklife SDP50DC Advanced Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver comes with a lot of features to enhance your at-home projects around the house and provide ease of use to both professionals and beginners. These features include:
- Comes in a case with all of the accessories you need in a screwdriver
- It comes with various bits to choose from, each with different forms of operation
- There are 30 bits to choose from that have a specification of 1” and there are also extension bit holders, depending on the type of job you are doing
- Also comes with a rubber cap that you can remove any time, and it also allows you to install other attachments
- Comes with 2 LED lights equipped on the front and you can adjust their brightness depending on your external lighting conditions
- There is also an easy-to-use on/off button on the top of the screwdriver, making it easy to maneuver and function for any beginner, contractor, or DIYer
- Comes durably built with highly-quality lining and materials to ensure it will not break under stress.
- There is also a grip right on the trigger of the drill that allows you to have full control over the task at hand, improving safety and improving your overall comfort level
- In order to charge, it can be hooked up to any micro USB or plain USB charging cable (even though one already comes within the set)
- It can be charged in a variety of ways, and can even be charged through a hook up to your computer
- Has been built compact for all of your carrying needs. It is easy to get into smaller spaces and also is easy to store and will not take up a lot of room
- Comes with the screwdriver itself, all the driver bits you need, a charging cable, the manual for how to use it, a card for the 24-month warranty that you get
- Affordable price
- Easy to use
- Great look and feel
- Great warranty
- Not the heaviest-duty screwdriver, but gets the job done
The biggest piece of advice that we can give to anyone buying an electric screwdriver is that it does all come down to personal preference. We recommend you go to the store yourself and see what works best for you. With that being said, we think the Tacklife SDP50DC Advanced Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver is an unreal product because of its price point and its compactness. It is great for beginners and for any smaller project around the home. We recommend serious consideration on this one.
The next step we think that you should take is figuring out which of these five is actually the best for you, perhaps by further researching these screwdrivers, or using them as a jumping-off point to finding the right product for you. As we previously stated, it comes down to personal preference and what you plan on using the screwdriver for.